Microsoft’s announcement earlier this month that it was dumping its own browser technology for Google’s – turning Edge into a Chrome clone – was a stunning acknowledgement that the company had lost its decades-long battle for browser supremacy.
Mistakes, as they say, were made. According to our source, ITWorld, they have identified six that contributed to the decline of the browser.
- Microsoft never matched rivals’ tempo of change
- Microsoft halted all work on IE
- IE successor was offered only on Windows 10
- A failure to make Edge competitive
- IE users told to upgrade years before their browsers were to retire
- Flunking the mobile test
To read more, click here.