Job Title: Desktop Technicians
Responsible & Accountable for any IT related issues on site and proactively coordinate with SME’s till the issue is resolved. Take ownership and escalate as and when required. Manage & maintain Asset Inventory, follow-up with vendor’s and forecast for possible growth in the region. Weekly reporting, trend analysis of Incidents and opportunities to improve process for end user satisfaction. The PC Level 2 support technician is also responsible for supporting end-user issues that are escalated by the Level 1 service desk and fulfilling end-user service requests for hardware and software. The position requires strong PC support technical expertise and excellent customer service skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Installs hardware and software, troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software issues.
- Adheres to and enforces help service procedures & responds to assigned trouble tickets.
- Interfaces with hardware, software and facility vendors to ensure the timely and quality delivery of preventive and reactive maintenance.
- Offer timely technical support install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability & provide 2nd and 3rd level support as and when required.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Escalates complex issues to the respective system administrators.
- Help Asset MGMT team to track all end user computing equipment from receipt through disposal. Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
- Effectively communicate to multiple levels of the organization including SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and Principal Technologists.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Participates in end user computing projects, and participates in development and technical services project as requested.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a large Desktop Support environment.
- Prior experience in providing IT support across a Microsoft operating environment, supporting desktop and server hardware, as well as Microsoft office suite and various other engineering applications.
- Must be familiar with and have experience using McAfee AV and other end-point protection tools.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment to help provide consistently high-quality service and support to end users.
- PC technicians are expected to be available for off-hours support when necessary, such as participating in 24/7 support rotations or planned moves, adds and changes (MAC).
- This role may have project responsibilities, including the support of new hardware, OSs, management systems or application pilots.
- PC technicians are expected to work collaboratively with other IT service delivery members (for example, Level 1 service desk personnel, Level 3 desktop engineers, or network operations and security administrators) to troubleshoot incidents.
- A minimum of 4 years proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position.
- Prior experience in providing IT support across a Microsoft operating environment, supporting desktop and server hardware, as well as Microsoft office suite and various other applications.
- Time management skills to ensure customer satisfaction with IT service and the completion of projects on time.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with solutions quickly in critical environments.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must be able to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and highly resourceful.
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills, with demonstrated experience around effectively speaking to all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning diverse groups and opinions.
- Strong background in IT solutions and implementation.
- Adherence to IT policies and processes to ensure consistent quality of service.
Please email us at email@example.com